Monday, December 12, 2011

Inconceivably Concerning Anger Issues…and Insane People

   Did you know that nine out of ten people are actually insane?
   Naw, not really.  I just made that up to get your attention.  But what if those nine people really were insane?  That would mean the majority of people were insane.  So would that make the sane people the insane ones?  It’s an interesting thought, and the probable outcome.  Imagine.  A world where insane people were considered the sane ones.  Just think what their government would be like. 
    Okay, off the topic of insane people, I want to talk about oranges.  Yes, I did say oranges.  Did you know that nothing rhymes with orange?  Now that’s pretty cool.  It made the orange my favorite fruit, because besides being unrhymable, it’s tasty too.  Where else are you gonna get a combination like that?  Not to mention that they’re shaped like balls.  Oranges are one of the few food items that are okay to play with.  Before you peel them that is.  It’s probably not a good idea to play with them after you peel them.  They’re pretty juicy.  But before you peel them you can toss them around and use them to play pretty much any sport.  Not the best for soccer though.
   This has absolutely nothing to do with oranges, but take a look at the word ‘unswervingly’.  Just look at it.  The original word is ‘swerve’.  Tack on ‘ing’ to back, then ‘ly’, and pop ‘un’ on the front and you’ve pretty much got the exact opposite of the original word.  In fact, you can probably turn any word right around by tacking on little things like that.  Probable.  Improbable.  Know.  Unknowingly.  Cheeseburger.  Uncheeseburgerly.  All right, so the last one wasn’t a real word, but that’s beside the point—I hope.  Actually, I’m not sure there really is a point.  You probably already knew everything I just told you.  At least you are now doubly well informed.  In fact, you are now almost as well informed as my dog. 
   You could take that as an insult, but don’t.  My dog is a genius.  She may not look it, but she is brilliant.  She knows more than your average human, and she’s way cuter.  Especially when she wants something.  When she’s after something she comes right up close, looks up at you with her big brown eyes, and wags just the tip of her tail.  It’s so adorable!  Combine that with her brilliant brains and she is totally awesome.  I love my dog, if you can’t tell.
   You may be wondering what my dog has to do with anything.  Well, I’ll tell you.  Nothing.  That’s right, nothing.  Nothing on here has anything to do with anything, you should know that by now.  But did you know that there really are things that have to do with something?  Incredible as it may seem, there are indeed things that are not pointlessly about nothing like some things are.  Generally you find them in places.  All over the places.  It’s actually the minority that have nothing to do with anything, now that I think about it.  That’s depressing.  I’m depressed by it.  Are you depressed?
   If you are, too bad.  I have something important to tell you.  It’s about the conspiracy to overthrow the government, declare war on Britain, and take over the world, all at the same time.  You see, there are these guys who hate the government, England, and the rest of the world too.  So they stage a coup d'état, take over the government, declare war on England, and use nuclear missiles to take over the world!  All in one day.  The moral of this story is, do not make the people angry.  Because when you do, they are not happy.  Which is the passive form of anger.
   Have you ever been passively angry?

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this post. And I think I have been passively angry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly: Be happy, don't worry. Behappydon'tworrydodedodedodo

    Ari: Yes. It means, unlike a cheeseburger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uncheeseburgerly = my new favorite word.

    ReplyDelete