Thursday, November 10, 2011

Bevy? Balderdash?

  Not quite the most common of words, are they?  For those of you who know what they mean, good for you.  For those who don't, I shall explain.  Bevy means a group, or large amount, or something along those lines.  Balderdash is the equivalent of nonsense, baloney, insanity.  Put the two together and what do you get?  My blog, of course.
  However, I do not propose to waste your time with nothing worth reading.  I sincerely hope that what I write you will want to read.  The name simply implies that a rather nonsensical approach will often be what you find here.  And perhaps the use of large words and lengthy sentences.  Beyond that, I honestly cannot tell you what to expect.  My style of writing is the only thing that might remain constant throughout, and even that is not assured.   If you want a steady, predictable, insightful type of blogging, I'm afraid you will have to keep looking.  But if you enjoy a strange, unpredictable, and only possibly insightful blogging, come on in and stay a while.  I'll be glad for the company.
  As this is somewhat of an introductory post, I suppose I should continue introducing.  Would you like to know more about me, my dog, or Fred?  Since it was a rhetorical question I shall answer it by telling you about Fred. 
  Fred is a good friend of mine, although I know very little about him.  I don't know when he was born, how he was born, where he was born, or even why he was born.  Well, actually, when I think about it, I do know why he was born.  I was bored, and therefore I created him.  I did not detail his birth though.  Who would want to read about that...?  The only solid detail I really know about Fred is his name, the rest is up for speculation, though generally shifts with my mood.  Whenever my creative impulses run wild with me, Fred is always how I express them.  I cannot tell you when, where, why, or how he'll appear in this blog, but it is very possible that he will pop up, so be ready for him when he does.
  Oh, and if you were wondering about my dog, her name is Gracie, she is a golden retriever, and she is the cutest thing on this planet when she wants to be.

3 comments:

  1. Fred sounds very nice. You should post a pic of him. Oh, and Gracie. Or, better yet, all three of you together! Yes! That should do it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pic of Gracie would be loverly. Would you post please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dog can be the cutest on the planet too. :P

    ReplyDelete