Thursday, July 12, 2012

10903 Belton

   Hey guys, I’m back.  And if you don’t know who “I” am by now, well it’s rather pointless to tell you.  So guess what?  This time, I’m not going to tell you.  I know, shocking, isn’t it?  Me, Owen Tucker, not telling you…oh…oops…
   Uh, in light of this most embarrassing moment, let us go straight to the journal thingy, eh?
   7/12/12:  On this date (that being the 7th of July in the year 2012) I was hanging out in my front yard doing the usual.  Y’know, talking with the bugs and stuff.  I had just convinced one group of ants to go to war with another group of ants at the other end of the yard and was now sitting back to enjoy the show.  Wilfred had just gotten back from whatever it was that he was doing last time and he was buzzing around yelling at me and the ants.  However both parties ignored him. 
   Now watching ants travel from one end of a yard to the other is a very tedious process, so I can’t say that I was annoyed in any way when a black, rather dusty car pulled up in front of my house and distracted me.  The front window of the car rolled down, revealing the driver to be a little Asian man with a moustache and graying hair. 
   “Excuse me,” he said, motioning for me to come over, his Asian accent evident in even that small sentence.
   “Yeah?” I asked as I approached, a bit cautiously considering he was a stranger and all.
   He waved a piece of paper at me. “Could you tell me how get here?”
   I glanced at the piece of paper.  10904 Belton.  I thought for a second, then frowned.  The address seemed familiar, but I couldn’t put my finger on it.
   “Hang on a sec,” I said. “I’m gonna do a quick search.”
   He nodded and smiled, so I pulled out my iPhone and put in the address.  When the search finished, my suspicions were confirmed.  It was indeed the address of my castle-house HQ!  What could this guy want with it? 
   The guy spoke up. “You find?”
   “Hm?” I look up from my phone. “Oh, uh, yeah.  But it’s pretty far from here, and the route is pretty complicated.”
   He nodded and grinned. “You explain to me, please?”
   I shrugged. “Okay then.  First, you’re going to take a right up ahead there, onto Majestic.  Once you’ve done that, you’ll stay on that road for about five miles, at which point you’ll need to take a left onto Harrison.  That road will take you for about a mile until it turns into Old Cain.  You’re going to turn right onto Old Cain, and then directly after that there’s gonna be another right which will take you to Westminster.  You’ll keep going on that road for, say, ten minutes, when you’re going to take a left onto 1660, which you will then follow until you come to Josh Camlin.  Once you’re on Josh, you’re gonna need to take the first left, then the third right, then the second right, then the fourth left, then the first left, and finally the fifth right and 10904 Belton is gonna be the sixth house on the left.”
   After about the first two streets the man was looking very confused.  By the time I finished, he had a completely blank look on his face. 
   “Ah.” He looked like he was thinking pretty hard.  Then he threw up his hands. “I no find it.”  He gestured to the back of his car. “You get in?  Show me how to get there?”
   I laughed, somewhat skeptically. “You want me to get into your car?  To show you this place?”
   He nodded.
   “How would I get back?”
   “I bring you.  Once you show me, I remember.”
   I glanced at the car.  The dusty exterior was deceiving; it was actually a pretty sweet looking car.
   I gave in. “Oh okay.  But I’ll only go if you let me ride shotgun.”
   He grinned. “Good!” With a click he unlocked the doors. “Come come.”
   I shrugged and walked around and hopped in.  What is life without some spice?  The ants would have to negotiate their own peace treaty.

   To be continued…most definitely, I wouldn’t leave you hanging like that, for long anyway…

1 comment: