Monday, August 20, 2012

Evil (or Not)

   Note from Owen Tucker (haha, funny how I can still sneak that in, huh?):  This next story picks up about five or ten minutes after the last one left off.

   Use me for evil.
   It was about the hundredth time Dave had said that in the time it takes to get halfway to Howard.  That’s not a very long time. 
   Use me for evil.
   Wilfred groaned. “Can ya na shut et up?”
   “Shut up, Dave,” I said.
   Use me for evil.
   “Nope.  I can’t shut him up.”
   “Et’s yours thoo, right?  Why can ya na shut et up?”
   I rolled my eyes. “I’m sorry, Wilfred, that I found this mystical thing that gives me the power to use magic, but also just happens to be a bit annoying.  I, for one, am willing to endure it for the perks.”
   Use me for evil.
   “Tha is na jest a wee bit annoyin’.  Tha’ is annoyin’ as ‘eck.”
   I glared at Dave.  “Can’t you say anything else?”
   There was a moment of silence.
   Use me for evil.  Now.
   I sighed and shook my head.  “That is not an improvement.”
   If you do not use me for evil, you must die so that another can take your place.
   “Whoa!  Did you hear that?  He said something new!’
   “Aye,” Wilfred said. “But na exactly somethin’ good.”
   “Well yeah,” I agreed.  “That whole dying part is a bit pessimistic, but hey, at least he’s saying something different now.”
   If you do not use me for evil, people will die.
   “Psh, right,” I scoffed.  “Like you can do anything without me.”
   Your family will die.  Your home will be destroyed. 
   “Mah, esn’t et a bloodthirsty thing.”
   “Yeah.  You’d better watch it, Dave.  You’re venturing into dangerous territory there.”
   Your life will be destroyed.  Your friends will not live to see another sunset.
   “Hey!  I’m warning you, Dave.”
   And your little dog too.
   I stopped midstride, yanked Dave off my finger and held him up close to my face.  “What was that?”
   Your dog shall die a most terrible death.
   “Pal, you threaten my dog, you threaten me.”
   I threatened both, actually.  You first, then the dog.
   “Yeah you did.  But you’d better not even think about going close to my dog.”
   I made death threats against your family and friends.
   “You touch my dog and I’ll kill you.”
   Wilfred, please tell me he’s not serious.
   “Oh he is,” Wilfred replied.  “Dead serious.”
   “Dang straight I am,” I said.  “No one touches my dog and gets away with it.”
   I give up.
   I nodded. “Good choice.”
   There was several minutes of silence.
   I grinned. “Woulda look at that?  I got him to shut up.  Takes the right kinda skillz there, Wilfred old pal.”
   “Aye.  Ya definitely got those skills, laddie.”

   The End!

1 comment: