Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Sword Thingy Speaks Up

   Okay, so maybe the last journal thingy didn’t explain how I, Owen Tucker, got Wilfred to shut up that one time, but this one will!  I know it.  I mean—I hope it will.  It should.  Almost definitely.  Probably a sure thing.  Should be in there somewhere. 
   8/9/12:  On this date (that being the 8th of August in the year 2012) I just found out that Howard has this awesome wishing staircase and I had wished myself and Wilfred to the bottom of it which rendered him speechless.  It was pretty sweet all in all.  Wilfred being speechless was probably the best part.  The wishing staircase was pretty cool too though. 
   Now back at the bottom I picked up the sword thingy before stepping out into the main house area and took a deep breath of—well, not exactly fresh air since it was the same stuff that was in the staircase, but it seemed different.  Somehow. 
   I looked down at the sword thingy. “I wonder what this thing is for.”
   “Ah’d say et were fa decoration.”
   The sword thingy flashed.  I am not decoration.  He is stupid.
   “Well then stop insulting people and tell me what you’re for,” I replied.
   Will you use me for evil?
   I groaned. “Yes!  Fine!  I’ll use you for evil if you’ll just tell me what you’re for.”
   I give the one who wields me the power of magic.
   I was skeptical to say the least. “Magic?  Really?  Pft.”
   You just wished yourself out of a staircase and you are doubting the existence of magic?
   “Yeah, well, that was, uh, different.”
   How?
   “That was wishing.  Which is totally different from magic.”
   How?
   “For one thing, wishes don’t come true.”
   There was silence, but if the sword thingy had a face, I’m pretty sure it would’ve been giving me that look.  Y’know, the one people give you when you tell ‘em a fairly obvious fib.
   “Okay fine.  So maybe wishes do come true.  So what?”
   The sword thingy flashed a sigh.  You shut the fly up earlier.
   “Pft.  That wasn’t magic.  That was my brilliant comeback.”
   You mean—Wilfred just be quiet?  That brilliant comeback?
   “Uh…  Okay, so maybe it wasn’t so brilliant.  But you can’t be serious.  I’m not gonna take off if I point you at myself,” I did so.  “And say fly.  Like this.  Fly!”
   I waited.  Nothing happened.
   “See?  Told you.”
   “Lad,” Wilfred interjected. “Ya meght want ta take a look at ya legs.”
   I looked down and gave a yelp.  I was several feet off the ground.  It was kinda scary.
   It took me a couple seconds to regain my composure enough to voice objects.  “Waaiiitt.  This ain’t flying.  It’s floating!”
   You have yet to choose your direction.
   “Oh.”  I thought for a moment, then shrugged. “Forward!”
   I shot forward and slammed my face into the wall.  Well, mostly my noise.  It hurt.  A lot.
   “Ow!”
   Then my nose started bleeding. 
   “Oh snap.  Put me down and fix my nose.”
   I dropped to the ground and this really weird tingly, popping sensation crawled all over my nose.  I wanted to rub it really bad, but I refrained because I was afraid that might hinder the healing process, and I like my nose.  It only took a few seconds, then the weird feeling went away.  Then I rubbed my nose.
   Are you a believer now?
   “Yup, sure am.”
   Good.  Now use me for evil!

   To be continued…

1 comment: