Monday, May 28, 2012

Story Time!

Have I ever told you guys about the day the sun died?  No?  Well then today is your lucky day, ‘cause it’s story time.  Sit back, relax, and read on. The Day the Sun Died It was hot.  Blazing hot.  So hot that you could fry an egg on a black car’s hood.  As I walked home from school on this sunny day, I looked up at the sun.  That shining blob was sitting up there in the sky, grinning down on those whom he was burning alive.  I shook a fist at him and continued to walk with my head bent and eyes to the ground.  Then, as the hair on my head slowly burned down to the roots, a crazy idea popped into my head.  The sun had to go, and I was the one who was going to send it on its way.  I quickened my pace.  Yes, it was brilliant.  With a bit of this, that, and the other thing, I could create that which would be the end of the sun forever!  Just think, no more blazing hot summers.  Nothing but the wonderful coldness of perpetual winter.   When I got home I made my way down to the basement, which also served as my workplace.  I went to the whiteboard and began drawing up the plans for the weapon that would deliver the world from the grasp of that yellow tyrant. Then, it was ready.  The assembly process took but a minute.  I leaned back to admire it.  Smooth and streamlined, the entire weapon radiated an ice blue aura from the tip of its gaping muzzle, to the end of the large stock.  I was prepared to defeat our cruel oppressor in one fell swoop.  But first, I must name the thing which would be his downfall.  I ran my hand along the barrel as I thought, and smiled as the perfect name came to me.  Jack.  I laughed as I took Jack and went up onto the front lawn.  Jack was rather weighty, so I set him up on a tripod to get the angle of trajectory as accurate as possible.   After getting the altitude just right, I paused, savoring the moment.  It was time.  I squeezed the trigger.  There was a brilliant flash of light as the ice blue aura seemed to drain from Jack, shooting out of his muzzle straight into the sun.   At first, there was no visible change, but then came a loud cracking and snapping noise.  I couldn’t believe that the noise came from the sun, yet there was no other explanation.  The ice blue color began to cover the sun, absorbing its rays, freezing them.  All around me the neighbors were out on their lawns, staring up in amazement.  The heat faded fast.  Soon I began to shiver.  Snow started to fall.  The whole world turned white…grey…black.  The feeling faded from my body.  My mind, wandering.  It was cold.   Wonderfully cold. (P.S. sorry about the lack of formatting. I was forced to use an iPad for this one and it destroyed everything)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's quite a tale... If I remember correctly, though, it was particularly sunny today and rather hot. Would you like to tell us why your Jack contraption didn't have a lasting impression?

    ReplyDelete